Tuesday 31 January 2012

27 - 27 - 27

There are 27 days until I turn 27 on the 27th. My champagne birthday! 27 is my favourite number and has been my choice of jersey number since I was 10. I'm really hoping my 27th year will be a great one. It's sure to be better than 26!

I've thought about this birthday several times over the years, usually when other friends have celebrated their own champagne birthdays. But also because I've always looked forward to being 27, being my favourite number and all. I've thought about where I'd be, what I'd be doing. Does my life look anything like what I pictured? Nope! Life rarely works out the way we picture it. Add to this, my life and everything in it had to be put on pause for over a year. Not to mention, I am without a doubt a different person after the year I had. It's not surprising that things haven't worked out the way I thought they would but it can be hard to accept sometimes. Even my image from just 2 years ago is obviously inaccurate.

The biggest thing I try to remind myself of is that different isn't necessarily wrong. I do believe everything happens for a reason and whether I understand why or not, maybe this is exactly what my life is suppose to look like right now. Yes things haven't worked out the way I thought they would but I've accomplished so many other things I never dreamed I would ever be challenged to do or overcome. And I am proud of that.

I think my best bet for a very happy 27th year is to embrace my life as it is and roll with it. I'm a stronger person for everything I went through and I have faith that this will only help lead me to a life filled with bigger and better things. That's the hope at least.

1 comment:

  1. I actually pre-counted 27 days before your 27th birthday and put it in my agenda assuming you would write a post about it lol :)

    ReplyDelete