Sunday 29 April 2012

Breakthrough

Typically, most of the breakthroughs I have are at physio. This one happened on the way to physio. Unfortunately, this was not actually an accomplishment but me physically breaking through something. I've been keeping and eye on them for some time now but on Thursday I wore right through the rubber tip on one of my forearm crutches. I had been planning to replace the tips on both pairs of crutches soon but now it's a much more urgent matter. I don't feel it as much when I'm inside but walking down the sidewalk, I can feel the metal of the crutch grinding against the concrete.

It didn't solve the issue completely but lucky for me, the very next at work a guy came in and asked if he could donate a pair of crutches to us. (If you knew where I worked, it's not as odd or out of the blue as it seems). Currently I am using my full length crutches at work. Their tips were definitely worn but would have been fine for a little while still before I needed to replace them. The guy who donated the crutches must have only used his for a couple weeks, maybe months, which I'd say is pretty standard for temporary crutch use. This means the tips were barely worn. After checking with management, I switched my tips for the donated ones. And with that I have what might as well be brand new crutch tips.

The donated crutches will never be used by anyone for an extended period of time. I can't imagine a scenario where they would be used for anything longer than a day. So my "old" tips are perfectly suitable for this pair. Not to mention it is now the second pair we have on hand.

There is still the issue of getting replacement tips for my forearm crutches though.

No comments:

Post a Comment