Monday 10 October 2011

Happy Turkey Day

I'd like to wish all my Canadian readers a Happy Thanksgiving. It may be predictable but in the spirit of the weekend it only seemed appropriate to do a post about what I'm thankful for. Here goes...
  • surviving cancer (guess this should probably be #1)
  • parents that were there for every chemo treatment, hospital stay and recovery period following each of these
  • a brother and sister who in someways had to take a backseat to me and my new diagnosis and who still found time in their busy lives to visit me
  • a boyfriend who's had to take on so much more than any should have to
  • friends who have gone above and beyond any expectation I may have had
  • the kind words, cards and gifts from friends, family and even friends of family, in the hopes of making my days even a little better
  • to still have my right leg (5+ years ago, I'm not sure that would be true)
  • for progressing in my recovery much faster than any of my doctors anticipated
  • to be back in my own apartment
  • that doctors believe there is a good chance I'll walk again unassisted one day
  • my job is waiting for me when I'm ready to go back
  • and because today is only a Canadian holiday, there was still a new episode of Ellen for me to watch today
For these and a thousand other reasons I am thankfully to be alive today!

1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me smile! We are thankful for you my friend....truly! xo

    ReplyDelete