Friday 9 September 2011

Anticipated X-Ray (follow up)

Good News:
After reviewing the x-rays, my doctors and surgeon had nothing but good things to say. There were no surprises and everything is healing as it should be.

Disappointing News:
The x-ray technicians were not in the least bit shocked when they took my x-rays. I'm guessing that somewhere on the requisition it made mention of why I was having the x-ray / what surgical procedure I had undergone. It's really too bad. I was looking forward to their shocked reactions. Guess I'll just have to wait until I need an x-ray for another unrelated reason (when they won't have the heads up) to shock anyone.

Bonus News:
I was given the go ahead to start physiotherapy. Nothing major but it's a start. Due to this next step, I was given a print out of my pelvic x-ray. This way I can provide the physiotherapist with a visual, along with a verbal explanation, of what was done to me. We all agreed that the name of the procedure alone would likely not be enough information for them to understand my situation. I've shown the print out of my x-ray to a couple people now and I've enjoy watching each and every reaction. Everyone who has seen it thus far already had a detailed understanding of what had been done. Even with this knowledge they tend to stare at the image in bewilderment. I even find myself looking at it thinking, "How is that possible?"

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get this post Jen....

    Three cheers for GREAT NEWS! Hip hip hooray!! When does physio start?

    Too bad about the techs having a 'heads up'. That would have been hilarious! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay your comment posting was successful :) (that's what 2 out of 20?!? hehe)

    I was given a script for physio that I can start at any time. I'm really hoping to move back to my apt soon (maybe at the end of the month) so I haven't decided if I'm going to find someone here now and then switch or just wait until I move back and start physio then. Once I'm back I may just work with a trainer at my gym as they already know me and my situation. Haven't made up my mind yet, as you may have noticed.

    ReplyDelete