Tuesday 5 July 2011

What's with the title?!?

Where to begin?
I have next to no experience with blogs. There is only one blog that I follow/read and I've certainly never written my own. So why write one now. Here is a quick summary and background.

At 26 I face the most difficult challenge in my life yet. I am aware that I am by no means old but already I have been diagnosed with Crohn's Disease (just before I turned 18) and nine months ago I was diagnosed with bone cancer. Ewing's Sarcoma to be specific. For 30 weeks I went through chemotherapy treatments to shrink the tumor. Boy am I happy that's over with! Now I need to have surgery to take out the cancerous bone. I should probably mention, the cancer is in my right pelvic bone. The plan is to remove the entire right side of my pelvic bone and a little bit of the sacrum. You are probably thinking ... "ok, so they will put in some kind of replacement. Right?!" You would be wrong. Absolutely nothing will be replaced. The void is suppose to fill in with scar tissue. And if all goes as planned, I will have complete function of my leg. And after an extensive rehab period, hopefully be able to walk again unassisted. Crazy right?!

I bet you understand the title now!

No comments:

Post a Comment