Friday 26 August 2011

Trampolining

Believe it or not I was on a trampoline today. Okay okay, I wasn't actually jumping or anything fun like that but I was ON it. It was a nice day out, sunny but with a cool breeze, and the trampoline has always been one of my favourite places to lay outside. Whether it's suntanning, star gazing, or just hanging out, it's certainly comfy.

I had been sitting outside in a standard plastic patio chair for a little while and was getting restless. Looking over at the trampoline I contemplated the idea of getting on it. It doesn't sound like a big decision but there were a couple issues I was facing. (1) The height of the trampoline. It's above my waist, so I'd need to jump up to get on. (2) The springs / edge of the trampoline. If I was able to jump up, I'd have to slide myself over the springs to get into the center. What the heck, why not give it a try.

SUCCESS! (obviously, I already told you I was on it)

Getting up wasn't too difficult. With my back to the trampoline I was able to lift myself up onto the edge. You don't really need both legs for that. Sliding across the springs was a little more of a challenge. Yes there is some material covering them but it's not a solid surface. I had to lean all my weight to the left to stay balanced on the frame but that was the easy part. Sliding backwards proved to be the challenge. I needed both arms to lift myself up and slide backwards and I didn't have a hand left to lift my right leg to "bring it with me" (it needs some assistance now and again). I was finally up, had shimmied my way to the middle of the trampoline and was lying down. All worth it.

Crap, eventually I need to get down from here ...

No comments:

Post a Comment